Friday, October 30, 2009

Pap Smears or Puffs of Air?

One might think this would be a no brainer, clearly everyone would rather have a puff of air, right? Nope, not me. I would MUCH rather have a Pap Smear than go to the Eye Doctor. I am beyond terrified of having anything come close to my eye, therefore I jump around in the chair like I have ants in my pants. I can't sit still, I start to sweat, I go from hot to cold in a matter of seconds and the Eye Doc and her Assistant want to strap me to the chair and duct tape my eye open. It's that bad!

This morning we woke up to Olivia coughing her face off and an increase in the snots that were already making themselves comfortable in her head. So she stayed home, while Brad took Avery to Donna's bright and early. At first touch we thought Olivia had a fever, but turns out her footies were just keeping her warm and snuggly and she was still normal, no fever yet. So Brad, Olivia and I set out on a "lil' trip", Brad and Olivia hit up Lowe's to plan out our dining room wainscoting project, and they dropped me at Dr. R's. The Assistant called me back right away, did all the testing...well, I should say, she attempted to do all the testing, but she couldn't get a picture of my Optic Nerve because I kept blinking, bless that sweet little girls heart, she took about 47 pictures of my eyes and no luck. So an hour later, I called Brad and he came back to get me, he had an appointment and needed to go, and Dr. R was way behind...so I rescheduled for Nov 20th. I have a feeling I won't be getting good news and will likely need a Rx for some glasses. Oh well, such is life.

In other news, Avery is a crawling fool. I will snap some pics of her this weekend so you can see for yourselves. Olivia is now making it her job to run from toy to toy to protect them from the super quick Avery who is now eating her way through every toy she comes across, she is like a little Billy Goat. She can eat an entire magazine in a single sitting...

Avery and Olivia are quietly playing on the floor together, it actually brings a little tear to my eye thinking about all the years they will play together, how 20 years from now they will hopefully call each other and share their latest boy stories...they will forever be sisters, and for that I am beyond grateful.

Happy Belated Birthday to Megs, yesterday she turned the Big 3-0. Welcome to the club!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I can't imagine how sweet it is going to be to watch your two girls form and strengthen their sisterhood bond. What a wonderful gift!

I too detest anything coming near my eye and have a horrid time at the eye doctor. However, I prefer both the puff of air and the pap to a trip to the dentist. Lucky for me, I'm scheduled for next week WOOHOO. NOT.

oneof4dms said...

I'm write there with you. The eye doctor is the absolute worse doctor's appointment ever! It takes several attempts for them to do the puff and I walk out looking like I've cried for days.