Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blog Fake Out


Yup, that's right. My previous post contained some lies, I used them to fake out one of my nearest and dearest friends Megs. So about my weekend and this time it will be the truth and nothing but the truth. I hopped on a plane mid-Friday afternoon and headed for Atlanta, in an effort to surprise Megs, as she is turning the BIG 3-0 later this week. My flight was a bit delayed, which helped, because I was worried she would beat us home (and by us, I mean Tim and I, her husband, who was so kind and offered to pick me up), turns out this was one of Megs busy weeks at work so she didn't end up getting home until close to 8pm, so Tim and I had plenty of time to make the drive to Columbus from the airport, spend some time with their kitties and just relax. The surprise went well...I was hanging out on the back patio with the cats (they put them on leashes, I know, it sounds strange, but apparently its the thing to do in Pittsburgh because Tim's entire family leashes their cats), and Megs came out to let the cats in before she rushed off to Soup Night (which deserves its own post, neat idea), and I yelled SURPRISE. She fell back against the door and just kept saying "What are you doing here? What are you doing here?" It took her a few minutes to realize what was going on! I am glad the surprise worked, I was worried someone would slip, myself include. I re-read every single e-mail I sent her last week over and over again to make sure I didn't say "see you on Friday", or anything horrible like that.


We had a great weekend! Saturday Morning Megs made "Lead Sinkers", which I happen to call Pancakes, and I loved every last bite of them, then we showered and set off on a mission to find her some Brown Flats, if you recall my last shopping experience I was hoping hers was going to be a bit more fruitful than mine...turns out finding Size 11 shoes in Columbus is easy-peasy. I walked away from the shopping trip with three new pairs that I had to stuff/cram/wedge into my carry on bag. We shopped, went to lunch, laughed, ate ice cream, had a 30 minute conversation about how we like to prepare chicken...apparently that is what you do when you turn 30, you start talking about recipes instead of boys you have made out with...I can see the appeal, makes sense. Goodness, we are getting old. Don't worry, we laughed at ourselves, so hard that we likely dropped happy tears into our Marble Slab.


Saturday Evening we saw Couples Retreat, we both happen to be big Vince Vaughn fans, so we thought he would give us a few laughs, and that he did, but we also shed a few tears as well. There were a few great lines in the movie, but all in all, I would likely wait and see it on DVD/onDemand. We shared some popcorn and skipped dinner.


And how could I forget...Friday Night we jammed out to Rock Band, I happen to have the musical talent of a bag of dirt and should just stick to the singing. I had a blast though and for my own selfish reasons love that we didn't take a video of ourselves, but it would have been one for the books.


This morning we set out bright and early for Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain, GA. Oh goodness, let me just say I haven't laughed or screamed like that in months, possibly even years. I sat in the back seat of this super ghetto Ford Aerostar van, I mean this van was filthy, the windows didn't work, it was a "piece". Megs and Tim in the front, with Tim driving. I was protected as my windows had bars on them BUT Megs and Tim were NOT. They got up close and personal with the animals, so much so that they needed to wash their clothes from all the slobber. We pulled into the "park" and we were met with 20+ deer/moose that were just waiting to be fed. They stood in the road, making it impossible for us to pass, so we just crept along until they made their way INTO the van, this is when the screaming and laughing began. It was unreal. The whole experience was hysterical, we had a great time and I so glad that we decided to do it - Thanks to Megs and Tim for treating me and for suggesting it. While we did see several different species, the bulk of the animals were deer and hogs. We saw a litter of 8 baby hogs, they were just 3 days old, they looked like they were freezing, but we asked and the employees said that the mother would take care of them.
I am so thankful that Brad was willing to stay home and take wonderful care of the girls, I had a blast with Megs, and a girls weekend was JUST what I needed to get a second wind.

1 comment:

oneof4dms said...

Glad you all had a good time!