Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Swine

I have been scouring the Earth for a Swine Flu vaccine for Olivia, being that she is "high-risk" due to her Asthma, and no luck and today I walked into daycare and heard the words I have been dreading..."Ava has Swine Flu". Ava happens to be Olivia BFF and they are like two peas in a pod, like peas and carrots, like PB and Jelly, you get the picture, they are as close as close can be. I was so tempted to just snatch up the girls and head back to the house and keep them there until the germs were gone, but at this point they have already been exposed, so now its a "wait and see" game.

Last night Olivia spent a solid 20 minutes throwing a fit on the stairs - aka time-out. It was hysterical, she was kicking and screaming and just being a two year old and I couldn't stop laughing at her, of course I wasn't laughing in her face, I was in the kitchen, but it was still pretty funny. Brad and I just cracked open a bottle of wine and enjoyed the music aka screams. She wanted a "nack" aka Snack, instead of dinner. Apparently in her little head there is a HUGE difference between a "nack" and dinner, and she clearly wasn't interested in what I was selling.

In other news, Molly is going to be induced on November 5th bright and early, if Miss Campbell doesn't make her appearance before then, I cannot wait to meet that little darling, I have been thinking about what she is going to look like and I can't wait to finally get a look at her. Molly is going to be a wonderful Mom, I can't wait to see her scold Campbell, because I love listening to hear scold Brian, she cracks me up. She is such a great "Aunt Molly" to Olivia and Avery, Campbell is a very lucky girl.

3 comments:

Kaija said...

Sorry to hear about the swine flu! We're waiting with baited breath to see whether Natalie got into the clinic our ped is holding on Saturday. Ugh - so stressful!

Sounds like we could have been in the same house last night. Natalie wanted Goldfish instead of chicken and peas for dinner and there was lots of crying and tantrum throwing going on. She finally calmed down when Josh pretended to eat her dinner. When is 2 over again? :-)

3guysandagirl said...

Our primary just got theirs yesterday. Did you call your pedi today? Olivia sounds like she'd be in the first group to get them. Logan and Cameron are because of age and Cameron's neuro issues. I hope the girls don't get it Leigh, but I know you'll be right on top of it if they do.

Jeni said...

Oh no! I hope your family manages to dodge the Flu (swine or otherwise). I'm glad you're able to find humor in the terrible two's. I hope I handle them half as well :)