Friday, October 16, 2009

Hobbies

So many of you know I don't really have a hobby, where as my husband has the hobby of all hobbies: Cycling. So me on the other hand...lets see...what do I enjoy doing? Well...I love, love, love shopping for the girls, but they only need so many clothes and I love decorating our house and changing rooms around, from furniture to wall art, to paint colors, I love interior decorating, but, newsflash, it can be expensive if you don't have free time to do things yourself. I follow a blog Thrifty Decor Chick, and everyday that I read one of her new posts, blood rushes through my veins and I get all amped up to change every single square foot of my house, she is a genius, BUT she has the time to do things herself and to shop around for bargains, me on the other hand, if Target doesn't sell it, there is a strong chance I haven't seen it.

I would love to be able to go room by room and change things around, spend hours doing it all myself, but with work, TSC (Two Small Children - stealing this from McMamma), a very annoying Dog and a traveling husband, I just can't find the time to eat things that require me to fire up the gas stove, let alone re-do a lamp shade. So what is a girl to do.

I think today I am going to set our Dining Room table with fun, festive, fall decor...that might make me feel better, and while I am at it, I am going to take a picture of the walls so you all can give me some advice as to what color I should paint below the chair-rail. We have our painter coming this weekend to paint the foyer, stairs and 2nd floor hallway, and he has given us a quote for below the chair-rail, but I am just not sure what I want to do. I am hoping some of you might have some suggestions (Amy, Megs told me to ask you!!!!).

No comments: