Sunday, October 11, 2009

FINALLY...

So for those of you with little ones you know that its impossible to stay up with the every changing sizes of their clothes and the change of season just adds to the task. Well, for the last few weeks I have been cleaning out the girls closets, dressers and armoires in the hopes that all their summer stuff would be storage bound to make room for their fall wardrobes. Well, since Avery is a weed/tank and doesn't seem to fit into anything we had planned for her to wear this fall I had to go scrounging in Olivia's old clothes to find clothes for her to wear this fall. She can wear some 6-12 Month stuff from Gap and Pottery Barn Kids, but almost everything else is either 12m or even some 18m stuff. I tried some adorable 6-12m Gymboree stuff on her today that my dear friend Courtney had given Olivia when she was born, and while she did wear it today, I am afraid its the first and last time she will be sporting it, it was just too tight. I was fortunate to find some 12 and 12-18m stuff for her to wear, I was afraid with Olivia and Avery being opposite season babies (July and February) that we would be in trouble as far as sharing clothes go, but its worked out well so far. Its scary, Olivia was a whole pound heavier than Avery at birth, but Avery is much bigger than Olivia was at 7.5m, I will be interested to see where they measure up at Avery's 9 month check up.

Avery enjoying Momma's Octoberfest...and I should point out, she has the most adorable sweater on.


Speaking of check ups...I know I am getting off topic, don't worry, I will circle back around to the purpose of my post in a minute or two...so check ups...I called Chippenham Peds on Friday morning to see if they had the flu shots in yet (they have been out for a few weeks and we had to cancel the girls appointments), because if they were still out I was going to bite the bullet and take them to Buford Road Pharmacy this weekend, well they said they had them, to leave a message on the flu line and they would call me back...this was Friday at 9am...do you think I have heard from them yet? You bet your bottom dollar I have NOT. And this Momma is a little P.O'd. I could have taken them on Friday afternoon while my Mom was still here, I even left work a little early to be prepared for their call, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they let me down. So here we are...Sunday afternoon and the girls are still justa-waiting for the flu to knock on their door...come on in germs, we are waiting for you (sung to the Three's Company jingle). So I am going to call back tomorrow morning, see when I can get the girls in, and if it isn't Monday or Tuesday, we are heading to Buford Road Pharmacy, no more of this waiting around stuff.
How cute are these leg warmers? Not a great shot of Olivia, but at least you can see how cute the warmers are...

So back to the purpose of my post...actually no, a few more updates first...Brad got home from Baltimore around 4:30pm yesterday, I was actually surprised to see him before 5pm, the girls had been up from their naps since 3 and both were thrilled to see their Dadda. Olivia said "Dadda's home from his little trip". So sweet. We ran around the house, dressed the girls up and piled into the car, Riley and all, and headed for Dan's 29th Birthday Party...we had a good time, despite seeing two of our old neighbors that we are no longer friendly with...if you catch my drift. We spent the evening outside (being that Riley doesn't understand the concept of a screen door and busted right through it the moment we got there) and they were inside the entire time, so it wasn't too bad. There were two pregnant girls there, one with a daughter named Lyla, which I happen to be a big fan of, the name that is, but Brad said its too close to Lala, so its off our list. And another girl was just 3 weeks post-par tum, so there was a tiny little one there...don't worry my uterus stayed in check, no pining going on just yet...give me another few months and I am sure I will be singing a different tune...should my child decide to start sleeping through the night I am sure I will be all about another one...but as Brad likes to remind me...we won't discuss it until Olivia is ready for school....which for you folks new to math, that is 3 WHOLE years away...urgh. I will say though, at about 12:15 yesterday afternoon Olivia was cruising for a bruising and instead of calling CPS on myself I decided that it was a good idea for her to go down for an early nap...that saved both of our lives :)
While this isn't a great picture of Brad, I thought it was a cute action shot of Olivia trying to break free and disturb a game of Corn Hole some other peeps were playing.


Dan with Avery...just as we were heading out, Avery was very ready for Night-Night


So finally, back to the purpose of my post...I have FINALLY cleared out all the summer clothes, and they are packed up, ever-so-organized like in the garage, just waiting for Brad to heave them up on the garage loft. Take a look...that is a lot of clothes, and while I wish we could just put them in a yard sale now, or sell them to Once Upon a Child, I can't predict whether we will ever need them again (note, the discussion Brad and I will have in 3 years and the fact that I don't so much control the gender of my children) so we will hold onto them for a few more years...with our luck, if we have another, it will be a girl and we will get to use them.


P.S. I guess the title "Finally" is extra fitting since it took me FOREVER to get to the point...



No comments: