Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween Decor


So I thought I would share with you what our house looks like on Halloween...AND all while sharing those pics with you, I would also ask you to weigh in on what color we should paint below our chair-rail in the dining room, AND a new idea, what color we should paint in the "nook".

This is a "sofa table" that is now being housed in our Kitchen, above it is the Kitchen Vinyl Wall Art I have shared with you before. This table is PERFECT for when we entertain, but outside of that I wish it would get the heck out of my kitchen. However, with that said, it will move back to the Family Room for the Holidays, because everything gets displaced in our Family Room and it makes it way back to being an actual sofa table...and goes behind the Love Seat.


Wreath - this faces into the Family Room and is on the way to the Kitchen - got it on Clearance last year at Pottery Barn Kids. I think it needs some color, what do you all think?


The nook area - outside of the nook will be the same color as the dining room and formal living room that you can see from the dining room. What color would you paint the nook? I was thinking Chocolate Brown and then have a light wired inside? And yes, that is a lonely Halloween Pottery Barn Kids Basket in the nook, just waiting for the candy to come keep it company.

4 comments:

The Harris Family said...

I didn't realize your nook doesn't have a light...so weird that we can live in basically the same house & not all the details are the same...CRAZY! As for below the chair rail in the dining room, I am sticking with the chocolate brown. As for inside the nook...i have no idea! So I hope that helps, I might stick with the chocolate to tie things together, but I am not decorator!

Amy said...

Since you asked!!!

For below the chair rail, I like a sky blue with the taupe-like color that is above it. Also, it would look good to do one color darker than the color that is above the chair rail. As for the built-in in the wall, I would be careful with Chocolate Brown unless you are definitely going to get a light installed b/c it will be pretty dark. You could paint the built in the same color blue as below the chair rail or again, a shade darker than what is already around the wall. It is hard to tell from pictures, so I may not understand exactly what you have and are going for!

Jeni said...

So did it get painted this weekend? What color did you go with?

A Boy, His Girls & A Big Dog said...

No paint yet, the painter was sick and is coming late this week or this weekend, I am now leaning towards no paint, just more wood work.