Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus, I thank you

From the bottom of my exhausted, but less stressed heart, I thank Mr. Christopher Columbus for being the marvelous explorer that he was, so much so that we went out a gave him his very own holiday, and for that my friends, I am beyond grateful.  And I guess I should also throw a "great places to work" plug in there for Capital One since they are the powers that be that decided it would be rad to give me the day off. And what do I do when I have a day off, I actually make time to prepare dinner...and this will be two nights in a row!!!

Shrimp Tacos for Dinner (Cilantro Lime Shrimp from Costco - da bomb)

So what did I do with an entire day to myself....without this little monkey or her beauty of a sister.


I did what every other working Mom, whose husband travels...I ran errands, and I am wiped out.  First stop was The Home Depot to pick up some much needed project supplies (Spray Paint of course!) and some mailbox mulch bed props...

Cabbage for the Mailbox Bed

Pretty Pansies that even I can't kill...

I picked up some more Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint because the last two cans I bought kept getting clogged and never really worked - what a bummer since that spray paint isn't .96 cents like the good ol' Wal-Mart Special.

Next stop was Ben Franklin for a few crafty supplies - I can't wait to show you one of my Halloween Decoration Projects. I will give you a hint, it involves: Pumpkins, Ribbon & Spray Paint, and maybe even some vinyl.  Check out some of the inspiration I have organized on Pinterest (Holiday Ideas).



I also found a cute as can be mailbox flag, I'll have to snap a shot of it once the mailbox mulch bed is transformed, its looking ROUGH right this minute.

Fall Flowers from Costco, Olivia insisted we get a bunch, who was I to argue with her?

Next Up....Wal-Mart, and I think I was in Wal-Mart for a solid 2 hours. I have no idea what came over me, I strolled the aisles, spent countless minutes doing some algebra to figure out which bag of candy combined with my coupons was going to yield me the best deal. Needless to say, the candy is going back, my math didn't work out so well, I was ashamed of myself, I let the coupons get the best of me, and that is NEVER good.  I am beyond thankful that I was able to take a day to get some of these errands done. I have a tough time finding a free hour during the week to run the errands, and I hate dragging the girls with me at 6pm when I know they are tired, want to relax a home and have a quiet dinner, so getting a free Monday to take my time and get stuff done was a little bit of heaven.

No comments: