Friday, October 21, 2011

Five on Friday: Five Winter Must Haves

I thought since the temps are starting to drop and my wardrobe is changing and morphing into the longer sleeve, cozy sweater and full length pants world it might be helpful for me to share what I consider to be the Five Must Have Items to make it through the Winter months. (Please Note: I am not a fashion jet setter, I am not trendy, nor do I fancy most of what is popular and hip in the fashion world, I have found that articles of clothing I procured while in high school are still what I would consider in style, but clearly that is a matter of opinion.  At the end of the day I would likely classify myself as classic and preppy, but every once in a while I embrace a fad...such as skinny jeans and leggings, but not often)

1) A versatile pair of jeans that work both on casual Friday's and out for a few drinks with friends. My favorites right now happen to be Gap Long & Lean


2) Black Boyfriend Cardigan - one that is long enough to pull off with leggings or skinny jeans, but one that you could also pair with normal pants and not look all sloppy. I happened to snag two last year when Sears was having a Lands End Sale, they were each $6.99 - BARGAIN.


3) Cute Button Up Shirt - perfect tucked in for work with khakis or left untucked with jeans for the weekend, or you could even rock it with a sweater vest like I do from time to time, or with a cardigan thrown over your shoulders, the options are endless.

4) Black Dress Pants - I wouldn't declare these a must have if I didn't have to dress up everyday for work, but since I do, these are high on the list of items that I need at least one pair of, and I need to like them.  While I am thrilled to find a deal at the Gap (scored a pair of black pants for $8.99), I am also prepared and willing to spend more on such a versatile piece of clothing.


5) Uggs - I didn't fall in love with Uggs overnight, it took me a while to come around to the idea, but as soon as those puppies met my feet it was a love affair for the ages.  It feels like a little slice of heaven on your feet when you wear them.  I had some fake ones from Target and while I thought those were comfy, holy smokes, the real deal Uggs sent those imposter's packing.  I can't speak for some of the other brands, but Uggs are amazing.


It was tough to narrow it down to just five...I am surprised to say that my riding boots didn't make the list, but I have found that while they are worn often to work, on the weekends I am rarely seen sporting those fashion icons, so I tried to keep the balance of things I would wear to work and items that also keep me stylin' and comfy on the weekend.

No comments: