Friday, October 28, 2011

Five on Friday: Oh The Places You'll Go

I am a big fan of traveling, I love it, can't get enough of it, whether it is for work or for fun, I love seeing new places and taking in new experiences. I don't mind flying, I can ride in a car, and I happen to think traveling by train is just plain neat....so in the spirit of traveling I thought I would share the Top 5 places I would like to go...

1) Charleston, South Carolina - Brad and I had flights a few years ago, we were going and taking Olivia with us, but then we found out we were pregnant with Avery, and I wasn't feeling so hot, so we didn't want our first experience in Charleston to be plagued with me feeling icky, so we cancelled our tickets and have yet to reschedule our trip. 

 2) Nantucket, Massachusetts - can you believe that growing up in Massachusetts I never made it to Nantucket? Well, that is a cold, sad fact my friends and I would like to change that very soon.  In fact, we had talked about a vacation on the Cape next Summer which would likely mean at least 1 night in Nantucket, but now it is looking like our week on Cape Cod might have to wait, so who knows when we will get there, but I just know I will love it.



3) Key West, Florida - I have been to several cities in Florida and I have to say while the weather is beautiful, in general I can't see myself living in Florida, but the one city I have yet to visit and would like to, is Key West. I have had friends visit who have said wonderful things, so I hope a quick, relaxing (is it possible to do something quickly, yet make it relaxing?) trip to Key West is in my future.


4) Rome, Italy - Brad and I have always talked about a trip to Italy, there are several cities in Italy I would love to visit, but if I had to just narrow it down to one, I think I would land on Rome, but Venice is a very close second. This one is likely going to be several years off, I can't imagine taking a vacation like this when the girls are little, but can't imagine they would enjoy it until they are much older, so fitting it in might be tricky.


5) Greece - this is another several year off pipe dream, but I have always wanted to visit Greece. The photos I have seen are breath taking, and I have read wonderful things - I can imagine Athens would be a must see, but I would also love to spend time on the islands.


Yes, I am very much aware of how radically different a weekend in Nantucket is vs. a 10 day adventure across Italy, but that's me, a little all over the place and an appreciator of many things.  Where do you want to go? What do you want to see?

No comments: