Monday, October 24, 2011

Slipcover Rookie

I attempted to slipcover our family room sofa and love seat in the past, I had ordered navy slipcovers from Overstock and they looked great, fit great, but showed every ounce of drool that Riley produced, and when I washed them they just never bounced back, and so they lasted for all of a week or two and that was it, and that was several years ago, so fast forward to our week at the beach. I came across http://www.uglysofa.com/ and their success stories made my couch hating heart swoon...so I placed an order when I got back and was able to measure our sofa's, they had run out of white and so I ordered natural, they arrived a week later and I hated them, the color was far too close to our new area rug, if I was going to love these slipcovers, they had to be white, so I ordered a different style that would work with our sofa and love seat....and then arrived late last week and this is the mess I am faced with right now....

Yes, that is Barbie under the loveseat
I am hopeful that they have potential when Brad gets home and can help me straighten them out...but I am just not so sure.
So that is where you all come in...what do you think? I have emailed the people behind UglySofa.com and I am hopeful they have some advice.  I love the covers, but holy smokes, they are messy and I am worried it will be a complete debacle to wash them and change them out...and lets be honest, they are white, they will be washed often.

This is what it should look like according to the UglySofa website...what do you think? Any chance mine will look like that one day? With just the right touch? Please say yes....

3 comments:

Jenni said...

huh. good luck with that. :)

Jeni said...

Yeah I'm with Jenni. Return em!

maura said...

Do you read Young House Love? Your post made me think of this post from back in May - http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/05/giving-them-the-slip/