Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wordy Wednesday: Let Them Be Little

Avery - 3 Months old - Olivia - almost 3
In the words of my boys Lonestar...

So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little

I need to carry this verse along in my pocket to act as a reminder that my beauties are little, they will act like toddlers, and that is expected of them, to expect anything different would be unfair.  I should be thanking my lucky stars that I have little humans to give my life meaning and purpose. I am going to do my best to keep this front of mind, to snap less and pause more, to smile and observe as they learn and grow at their own pace and worry less about my desired pace.

No comments: