Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin, Pumpkin and more Pumpkin...


I happen to be a big fan of Pumpkin flavoring, if I was at a flavoring contest I would be making signs in support of Pumpkin. I could see signs like "Pumpkin is #1", "I heart Pumpkin" or "Pumpkin's #1 Fan". On this brisk fall morning we packed up the girls and headed out to Chesterfield Berry Farm for our annual Pumpkin Patch trip.  We planned to meet Brad's cousin Alex and his family there and of course our neighbors joined in the fun, we even managed to get a shot of the 5 kiddos together this year and we didn't have 3 of them strapped into strollers, that is quite a feat.

The girls had a blast in the bouncy house, they loved checking out all the animals, but Avery was not a fan of the goats, she was actually terrified of those furry little beasts. And let's be honest, their eyes are freaky! We rode a little wagon train thingy, our entire family of four crammed ourselves into one little wagon thingy, quite impressive.


 Olivia enjoyed the water pump race thingy (notice all my precise-technical terms for all the attractions?), but Avery couldn't quite muster the strength to move the duck, maybe next year.


And the most impressive event of the day...wait for it...wait for it...Olivia riding a horse. I was ecstatic that her fear of horses is gone, even if it was just for a day, she was able to enjoy something new without a lick of fear, amen!



Olivia and Zack had a blast climbing the hay mounds and the parents were all pumped they made it down safely. Notice Olivia hiking up her pants...that girl really knows how to strike a pose.


We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch...and attempted to get a photo of the girls and I...these two were my favorites and Brad took about 47 of them.






This one cracks me up, I am the only one looking at the camera...



And this one was by FAR the best I had to choose from and please take note, my bangs have made their way to the other side of my forehead...good grief.






A little proof that sweet Campbell joined us...her and Avery look very "over" the photo taking...We attempted close to 50 shots of Olivia, Avery and Rhodes (Olivia and Avery's Cousin) and I am going to give you a glimpse into the two best shots we came up with...notice there isn't a single one of the 3 girls together, they were a complete disaster.

Why wasn't Avery in the top photo you ask? Hang onto your seats, this one will shock you....NOT...


Later this afternoon I made my way to Yankee Candle and took advantage of their buy 2, get 2 free deal and snatched up some Macintosh Candles...my favorite! And talk about getting me in the mood for Fall, they do the trick!

No comments: