Friday, January 22, 2010

Tough Mommy Day

So yesterday was a tough one for me. For the last two weeks I have felt great about daycare, sure I wish that Avery was sleeping better and yes I wish that Olivia's lead teacher was actually teaching (she has been off two out of the three weeks), but in general, I have felt great, I haven't worried about the girls the way I did at Donna's house and actually I love the infant ladies and would marry them if I could...but yesterday when I picked Avery up they informed me that she was going to be graduating to the Toddler Room. It felt like a truck hit me, I started tearing up, she isn't ready, she isn't walking, she isn't napping in her crib there, and the Toddlers nap on cots, I just worry its more of what they need, not what Avery needs, BUT the infant ladies I love so dearly really think this is best for her. We took a tour of the Toddler room yesterday and I am just not ready for her to be a Toddler, for several different reasons. The infant ladies could see my concerns and suggested we express our concerns to the Director, so Brad is calling her today, I can't do it, I cried the whole way home, I just didn't think I could get through the conversation.

I hate daycare, its a necessary evil, but I just want my girls to be happy, loved and cared for at daycare when I can't be with them. Is that too much to ask?

And then on top of that, I got an email this morning that just crushed me, I almost threw up, I feel horrible...

No comments: