Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 366 of 2009

If I didn't feel like death warmed over it would be the first day of the rest of my life, but for now I am holding onto the last day of my previous life for a little while longer, no point in starting the New Year feeling like doo-doo, so I am going to continue to pretend its 2009 until it suits to me ring in 2010. Sound good? M-kay.

I forgot to mention a few days ago that one of our dear friends, The Butners are expecting their second child late May, we are thrilled for them and can't wait to see Ford take on the role of Big Brother. We hope to make it down to Wilmington to visit them before Lil Butner makes his/her way into the World, but if not before, we will be sure to plan a trip this summer. And another bit of exciting news to share, one of Brad's Frat Brothers got engaged last night while onstage at an Emmet Swimming Concert in Arlington, Congrats to Tristan and Katie.

As for my day, I spent the day putting away more decorations, all of them are down now and just a few are still waiting for their trip to the storage space, the rest have already made their way there. Olivia wanted pizza for lunch, so we all dined on some yummy-goodness from Sal's before the girls attempted to nap, or should I say before Avery attempted to nap. Brad and I had hoped to spend a solid two hours together, watching a movie in bed since we haven't had much time together the last week or so with all the running around, but no such luck, Avery had other plans for us.

I forgot to mention that a part of my NYR (New Years Resolutions) I am going to plan my meals out and only shop for those items when I hit the grocery store. So far I have this coming weeks meals planned, which is actually going to be pretty easy since Brad is traveling for two nights. I will be sure to blog about the recipes I try and how they turn out. This week all three are from the Weight Watchers Cookbook my friend Lisa and her handsome son Owen sent me on Christmas Eve.

I can't believe we are down to the final two days of "Holiday Break", where has the time gone? I know that work is going to hit me in the face Monday morning so I am going to savor the last few days of peace and quiet (if that is even possible in a house with a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old)

No comments: