Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gender Reveal Party

It's genius isn't it? What a great idea for a party, now if only we could make up our minds as to if we are going to have a third or not...

So this is how it works, and feel free to steal the idea, I think its fabulous. You invite family and friends over to a party, ask them to dress in the color they suspect the baby will be, and then during the party, the Mom and Dad adjust their clothing to reveal the gender. Of course you decorate in pink and blue and have a table where the guests can guess Baby Names, or give suggestions to make it fun for everyone. I happen to love the idea. BUT here is the major flaw in us executing on this...IF we have a third we have seriously talked about not finding out the gender, I know, catch your breath, hold on to your seats, I really did just type that. Yup, Leigh Garfield Turner just said she might be okay with a surprise like that, Type A personality and all...but since this is all just hypothetical talk we don't have to really think about it for quite some time, if ever.

But speaking of IF we have a third, part of me would just like to make a decision now, if we decide two is enough for us and our family is complete I would just love to start purging all of this baby stuff that has taken residence in our house, my parents house, our garage, etc, you get the picture, its a lot of stuff and it takes up a lot of space...but we've decided that even if we have a third there are a lot of things we have that we won't/don't need, so when we have our Yard Sale this spring we are likely to start the purging process.

Everyone has been up here for a few hours, Olivia even stayed up late talking in her crib, so I was shocked to hear from her at 6:30am, but it was Avery's 5am wake-up call that really crumbled my cookie. I have promised myself and the girls that when they are teenagers and sleeping in until noon, I won't be that annoying parent that nags them to get up, we'll see if that actually works, but for now I am going to embrace the option to sleep in when they are still sleeping.

Brad is going to that Baby Shower I was telling you all about the other day, its today at 1pm. He knows one other guy that is going to be there and is already hoping he can sneak out after only 30-45 minutes. HA. Talk about an uncomfortable situation for a dude. Olivia and I are going on our Weekly Grocery Shopping trip this morning just as soon as Brad rises and shines, its a balmy 19 degrees outside this morning so we will likely bundle up to resemble Randy from the Christmas Story.

And while we are on the subject of babies...I want to throw a big Congratulations out there to my dear friend "M" who shared with me some good news on Friday afternoon. They are expecting a bundle of joy Mid-July. I am thrilled for them, and just know she is going to be a fabulous Momma!

2 comments:

3guysandagirl said...

Join the club. The only thing keeping us from another one now is daycare costs. Know a way around 'em? Neither of us could stay home, financially not an option either.

Unknown said...

Daycare is the biggest variable for us too! I hate it. And even when Olivia goes to school we will still have to pay for afterschool care and that isn't cheap either.