Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shucks

Well, so much for wishful thinking...LaLa didn't dodge the bullet. TCH called yesterday around 3pm, our little sweet cheeks had a fever of 102 and a rash was starting on her chest/stomach. So Brad turned into SuperDad, called the Doctor's Office on the way to pick up Olivia, got her an appointment and took her right away, so I met them there after having my windshield replaced at work. Sure enough Olivia had an ear infection, but her lungs were in the "so far so good" camp, but after hearing her last night and this morning I am thinking she is just a day away from her own breathing treatments, the poor thing. So both girls are at my Parents House today, Avery seems to be on the mend, her personality is back, she is climbing the stairs like a crazy little girl, but Olivia is down for the count and just wants her Momma.

I felt horrible leaving her this morning, she asked me to stay home with her several times, told me she was sick, and even tried to block the door at my Parents house this morning so I couldn't leave, tore something fierce at my heartstrings. Just like my girl Natalie Imbruglia said, I am TORN...I just want to be home with the girls when they are sick, they need their Momma, but with the Manila Peeps in town I have a lot of pressure to be at work, what is a girl to do?

Tonight I have a work event, dinner at Comfort and then a Basketball Game at VCU . I hate having to miss bed-time with them, but I am counting on our Friday Night Event being cancelled due to the impending snow storm, so I feel the need to at least hang out with them once. I will be however FURIOUS if our Annual Maggiano's Dinner is cancelled on Saturday Night. I have been looking forward to it for 12 months, if Mother Nature ruins my binge fest at Maggianos...she is going to get it.

No comments: