Sunday, January 3, 2010

Big Girls Don't Cry

So I am dreading the First Day of School tomorrow, I get teary eyed just thinking about it and I know I am going to be a mess tomorrow. I am so worried about how Olivia is going to adjust, she has no idea how her world is going to change, and today when I was changing her diaper she told me how much she missed her friends, and she has been talking about Ava non-stop for the last two days. (Ava was her best friend at Donna's house). I know she is going to adjust, it will just take time, but I just hate knowing that its going to blindside her tomorrow, I wish I could prepare her and let her know that everything is going to be okay, but at this age its hard to prepare and have it sink in. We have driven by TCH (The Children's House) several times over the last two weeks to remind her, but I just don't think its sinking in.

For the most part Avery will be fine. Actually, prior to yesterday I wasn't worried about her at all, but my old HS Principal and his "lady-friend" came to visit my parents and Avery froze and almost started crying when they approached her. She scurried across the floor and climbed into my lap as quick as her "four" legs would take her. I was shocked, she has never acted like that before, so now I am a bit worried her stranger anxiety is kicking in just as she starts at TCH.

I have been running around the house getting all their stuff together, figuring out which "baby" and which crib toys to bring for the girls to make sure they are comfortable and secure. And I have to prepare all of Avery's food for the day, which is going to be a big change.

Brad is traveling Tuesday through Thursday this week, which isn't going to help with the adjustment to TCH, but not much we can do about that.

I am now addicted to The Real World DC, I love seeing the city! Its so cool to see all the places I know and love. And their house is amazing. I am not sure how I feel about the roommates yet, they seem a bit young...but maybe they will grow on me. Kinda like the trash on The Jersey Shore, seriously, that show makes me laugh. I can't even watch that show without my jaw hitting the floor at least once.

And the big D (diet, not divorce, and not Dallas) starts tomorrow. I have already started packing my lunch and snacks, its all about preparation, its when I have to do things rush-style that I fall off the wagon.

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

I am sure the girls will be fine! They will love their new school! Can't what to hear about their first days!