Friday, January 22, 2010

Duh...Perspective

So I have spent the majority of the day sad, upset and sick to my stomach over a personal situation and now that I am at home, sitting on the couch with Brad watching Hope for Haiti Now I am smacked in the face with what really matters, and how fortunate I really am. I shouldn't be blogging about how sad I am that friendships have changed, I should be blogging about how thankful I am that my loved ones have their health, and are safe. Good gracious, would someone give this girl a little perspective or what? I have refrained from blogging about Haiti, mostly because I haven't been able to wrap my head around it, I haven't wanted to sit down and really let it sink in for fear that it would paralyze me for a few days...but there is no avoiding it tonight.

I was moved to tears several times while watching the teleathon, the man that waited infront of a collasped building for 6 days because he knew his wife was under the rubble...they found her alive, and he was there to greet her...how is that for true love? And the fact that when they found her, she was singing about how thankful she was to be alive...how uplifting is that? And the children, oh man, the children....the footage was terrifying, but Brad has been giving me some insight from his customers that are on the ground there, and most of the time after he reads me an email I have to wipe away the tears, its horrible, beyond the horror we are seeing on TV. And Brad's company donated a lot of suppliers and had a lot of trouble connecting with an agency/organization that would actually take it from them, sad isn't it? The Red Cross wouldn't take it, Doctors without Boarders wouldn't take it...I mean really? They are just trying to help...

No comments: