Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where have I been?

Hiding from the kitchen...which also means hiding from my computer. I have been dieting my face off, I wish I was dieting my hips, waist, buttocks, thighs, chubby arms and double chin off, but for now, I am just going to diet my face off, and that means, staying away from the kitchen, and frankly not even coming downstairs after putting the girls to bed. So that means no computer for me, because even coming downstairs to snatch it up is a risk to the diet. I am doing everything in my power to stay away from after dinner snacks and that means I go right to bed after the girls are down, read a little and watch some trashy TV, sounds like a little piece of heaven doesn't it?

As for the reading...what is it that I am reading you ask? Well, I would be happy to tell you. I am reading True Compass by Edward Moore Kennedy (Teddy). The best part of me owning this book is that Brad's Parents gave it to me for Christmas, that just shows you how much they love me, they spent their money purchasing a book written by a Kennedy. But Mom T did joke that next she was going to get me Going Rogue, the Sarah Palin book...I told her that would be fine since I would likely be up for a Comedy after this one - HA. I crack myself up.

And the trashy TV, The Bachelor is back and cheesier than ever. On the Wings of Love, good lord, I laughed out loud when that song started playing while Jake was on a date with Ali, my front-runner. Usually I have a few favorites, but this season Ali is really my only favorite, I hope some of the others grow on me because if Ali gets the boot I won't be able to go the distance. And I have started to watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager on ABC Family. First of all, all that show talks about is S-E-X, its insane. I have no idea how or why they have a show all about sex on ABC Family, but note to self, don't watch ABC Family with your Family, unless your Family is filled with adults. Good Gracious!

Work is work, frankly its kicking my behind these days, how in the world is it only Wednesday? I swear it should be Friday!

I am super duper excited about the weekend, my good friends Kristen and Kori are flying down from Boston on Saturday morning and I can hardly wait. I haven't seen them since we were at home in May and I can't wait to have some much needed girl time. Saturday Night is girls night, we will likely tear up the town and have dinner and drinks out and may if we are feeling wild and crazy, wait for it, wait for it....we just might see a movie. Sunday we are having a little Half Birthday Celebration for Olivia, which means her favorites, Pizza and Cupcakes! Delish. And they will head back to Boston late Monday afternoon.

Brad is in DC tonight, so that means I am on Riley duty. The last few nights he has slept pretty well, if he gets me up tonight I am going to Furious with a capital F. And what was that you said? Oh, you wanted to know how Avery was sleeping? Thank you for asking. She is a pro, sleeping through the night (knocking on wood as I type), but waking at 6am for the day, so the days are longer than normal, but I will take it, she will adjust as her body allows her to stay up past 7pm. Still no walking and no talking, despite the fact that Lois at daycare is convinced Avery repeats everything she says to her, I doubt it. I am one of those parents that doesn't count it as a word unless I can clearly make it out, none of this guessing crap, I have to hear it and know what it is as clear as day before it makes it into the baby book.

And Avery's Birthday prep is underway, her paper products arrived yesterday, if you every need to order solid color paper products I have the best website, super cheap and great selection, I love it so much I would marry it if I could...honestly, there are a lot of websites I love that much.

You know those super cutie patutie Holiday Shirts I had for the girls, the ones with the O and A on them? Well I purchased them here, and she is running a special on Valentine's Day Shirts. They are $12 and adorable. I have already put in my order for the girls.

No comments: