Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Half Birthday Lala!

We had a fun filled weekend, full of friends, pizza, cupcakes and an evening tour of Richmond, several times over.


That's right folks, I tried to take my dear friends Kristen and Kori to a cute restaurant downtown and turns out the wait was almost an hour, we were starving and decided that we didn't want to wait, so we set out in search of an alternative dining establishment, only to turn our evening into a scene straight out of National Lampoon's European Vacation...I think we saw Big Ben about 47 times in an attempt to get out of the city. I really need to get out more, I can honestly say I felt rusty, I didn't know how to find anything in my very own city and I have never felt that way before. Good Gracious. And then we finally made our way to the Southside, to a restaurant close to the movie theater because we intended on seeing It's Complicated, but the service was so slow we ended up missing the movie, sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out so well...but we still had a great time, thank goodness for great friends who spend their hard earned money to fly down here for a weekend to spend quality time with me and my darling family.



Sunday Night we celebrated Olivia's Half Birthday, a tradition we started when she hit the 6 month mark and we intend to keep it up. I love making them feel special on their Half Birthday, everyone at work seems to think its a bit nutso to celebrate their half birthdays, but I happen to love it, and after this year its confirmed, Olivia loves it too. And Olivia set the menu...Pizza and Cupcakes. Our neighbors joined in the fun, it was super casual and I am always up for some QT with the "peeps from my hood". And for the record, it's totally NOT about presents and to ensure the girls get that, presents aren't even allowed, its just about fun.

I did happen to laugh my face off while watching You Tube video's with Kristen, this one is in my top five, so I invite you all to check it out and prepare to laugh until you cry, just wait for the A$% smacks...hilarious.

Kristen and Kori flew home this afternoon after lunch and some shopping at Stoney Point, talk about a beautiful day to spend shopping outside with great friends! Brad took the girls to the airport while I had some minor toe surgery, so far so good, not much pain, but I am curious to see how it goes this week with trying to wear real shoes, the last time I had surgery I was able to wear flip flops, not so much right now.

School is still going well for the girls. Avery isn't napping well, usually only 20 minutes a day, which is NOT enough for her, but it is what it is.

No comments: