Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2009 at a long, strange glance

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Gave my sweet daughter Olivia a little sister...traveled to Manila twice.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, I sure didn't, I broke it in March and yes I have already made several for 2010, so far so good.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, actually several...

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not anyone close to me, but Brad lost a Fraternity Brother in March

5. What countries did you visit? Philippines and Japan


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A positive body image

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 24th - Avery's Birthday

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a Mom....again.


9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing the weight I had hoped


10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was actually "sick" for over a month after getting back from Manila, very annoying.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My Kitchen-Aid Mixer, its changed my baking life.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The whole country...the Presidential Inauguration was inspiring on so many levels


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Tiger, Tiger Woods Ya'll...


14. Where did most of your money go? To daycare expenses


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Bringing Avery home from the hospital, probably the best day of the year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? "It won't be like this for long" by Darius Rucker

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? I am happier, and I weigh just about the same, which should make me sadder...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Working out...and eating better.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating...HA. And not being thankful for all of life's blessings


20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve and Morning at our house and Christmas Dinner at my Parents house.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Yes, I sure did...with Sweet Avery.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Friday Night Lights


23. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year? Nope, and I am pretty sure I am over hating people in general...

24. What was the best book you read? "Such a Pretty Fat" by Jen Lancaster and The Noticer by Andy Andrews


25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Say Hey, by Michael Franti, it just puts me in the best mood.


26. What did you want and get? A beautiful baby girl


27. What did you want and not get? A picture perfect labor, delivery and recovery...

28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Blind Side

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30, and did ABSOLUTELY nothing. I did however have a 1 week old, so I guess that is a good excuse to do nothing and sit on my recently violated bum.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Losing the overweight 5th grader I have been carrying around on my waist

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Comfy and Classic...but I did break out the leggings once and happened to love them.

32. What kept you sane? Trashy TV, and listening to my girls laugh

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Michelle Obama

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Does that passing of Ted Kennedy count?

35. Who did you miss? All of my close friends from home...

36. Who was the best new person you met? I met so many wonderful ladies that I became friends with in 2008, but didn't get to meet until 2009 (My March Mommies)

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? That perspective is critical...

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year? "It won't be like this for long" by Darius Rucker

No comments: