Monday, November 16, 2009

Woof

Seriously, some of the food people eat over here makes me want to vomit right on my own shoes, that's how bad it is. I will give you a few examples...

Balut- is a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines



Chicken Blood - congealed Chicken Blood on a stick and then cooked

Dog - no need to explain

Fish Belly - again, no need to explain

It's horrible. I spend the better part of our "food conversations" with my head down and eyes closed, and when I utter a sound the only thing I can get out is "Woof" They ordered Chinese Food for us today for lunch and they had "Prawn Chips" which looked like Pork Rinds but smelled and apparently tasted like shrimp - woof. I didn't even take a wiff. I passed on lunch all together and waited until I got back to the hotel. Last night for dinner we went to a Japanese Steakhouse here at the hotel and it was delish - I had Filet and Garlic Rice, it was YUMMY, but I am not what you would call adventurous when it comes to trying new things here...

Brad had to take the girls to the Doctor this morning, they are both very "snotty" and Avery was running a fever, turns out that she has an ear infection. I am so thankful for a husband who is so good with his girls and can take such good care of them when I am away. It pulls at my heart strings to know they are sick and I can't be there to cuddle with them as I know when Avery is sick she just wants to snuggle. Thank goodness Brad's Mom is there, what would we do without her? Avery weighed in at 22lbs 4oz and Olivia weighed 32lbs...big girls.

I slept for a solid 10 hours yesterday, but I had been up for a good 27 hours straight, so I am thinking about hitting the hay again now, its 8:38am, which means its 7:38pm est and those are the hours we are working while we are here, so we will head back to work tonight around 8pm, which will be 7am est, you follow me? So I am going to go to sleep now and attempt to get another 9-10 hours of sleep before starting another night of work. I need the sleep, I am still feeling like crap. I plan to get a massage tomorrow morning when I get home from the site, and then tomorrow night before work we are going to take a dinner cruise around the Bay and hope to see some sights. I have a few more things to pick up at this other open air market that Keri (our VP that is with us) found, and then I think I will be done shopping...

I can't wait to land back in Richmond on Thursday night and see Brad and the Girls, I have missed them terrribly this time around, and I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas. Brad and his Dad have been busy putting up Chair Rail molding in the formal living room and it sounds like they have the picture frame molding project on hold because they want me to see it before they take action - shucks, I was looking forward to crossing that project off the list.

And I found out today my good friend Su-Su (her code name) has the Piggy Flu, the poor thing, and her darling little Lamb (another code name) started at a new daycare today, so the poor thing has a lot going on right now, I hate that I am here and can't help her out. And while I am on the subject of things I hate, I hate that I haven't seen Miss Campbell except for the short visit in the hospital, the little nugget is going to be all grown up by the time I get home, she won't even know her Auntie Leigh...shame on me.

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

I think that if I were there, I would quickly lose the baby weight! No food for me! Gross!!!