Thursday, November 5, 2009

Too Early?

My co-worker Shana is putting up her Christmas Tree this weekend...a little early you say? Nah, she is due on the 20th with her first little bundle of joy and doesn't want to miss out on the decorating time, and frankly, she is a realist and knows she won't get the time once Little "OAK" arrives...so it made me think...could I too put up my Christmas Tree before Thanksgiving? Without a good reason? I think YES. And now the more I think about it, I think HECK YES. And just to let you know how excited I am about it, I am going to declare November 20th weekend, the big weekend, the tree will be up, that way I can work on the other tree the following weekend...that's right, two trees, a kids tree and an adult formal, color theme tree in the ever so formal, formal living that I loathe.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for a Fake Tree? We only have one right now and need to get the second one in the next few weeks, it has to be up before the 4th Annual Tacky Sweater Party scheduled for December 5th (Come one, Come all).

1 comment:

The B's said...

Oh Leigh, if Mike is the PB to my J, then you must be the Batman to my Robin. Seriously?? Too Early??? I will have you know that on 10/29 I broke out the Sugarland Christmas CD. This morning I made reservation's for brunch with Santa (just in case you have never been to this one-- totally should try it. We eat and then take photo's with the big guy, with our own camera, no annoying lines, or picture packages to purchase!-- and Santa stops by your table). Anywho-- I am totally in the same boat as you... on the hunt for a second tree for the kiddo's. I will let you know if I find a good one. And no, Too Early- not a chance. I am so glad that you brought this topic up...I may have to follow suit with the tree up before the turkey hits the table!