Friday, November 13, 2009

Thrilla in Manila

I am here! Safe, dirty, exhausted, congested and did I happen to mention dirty? Being on an airplane/in airports for a solid 30+ hours tends to have that affect on me. I am just finishing up my room service, as I slept through Dinner on the last leg of the flight and then I will be jumping into the shower and then straight into some super duper clean sweats to keep me warm as I drift off to dreamland.

Flights all went relatively well, Richmond to Detroit was late...they were paging us to the gate in Detroit but turns out there was a "fuel issue" so we were late leaving Detroit too, but we had been rushed to board and were now starving because we missed our opportunity to grab lunch before we boarded. We had a two hour layover in Tokyo, but we ended up only really having about 30 minutes in the SkyClub Lounge before we had to board again. The flight from Tokyo to Manila was very bumping, the seat belt sign was on the entire flight and I don't believe the Coach Passengers were even served their snacks. We were fed upstairs in Business Class but I slept through it...hence the room service. What's on the menu for tonight you ask? Well, a order of Spaghetti from the Children's Menu and a side order of Fries and of course, a Coca-Cola Light. Delish.

Well, its now 12:30am here and I am going to hit the shower, then the bed...we are meeting for breakfast in the morning at 8:30am, so if I want to work out that means I need to do it before breakfast...odds are that won't happen tomorrow, possibly I can fit it in after our shopping trip and before our dinner reservations. The one downfall of traveling with a group this time around is that things are more organized, more scheduled meals, less downtime, I like the downtime...oh well, such is life.

Oh yeah, I called home and Olivia wouldn't talk to me...talk about pulling at your heartstrings. Also, another note to self, do NOT, I repeat do NOT watch movies like My Sister's Keeper when you cannot hold your little darlings tight, I sobbed on the plane, cried through the ENTIRE movie, and I haven't done that in ages, sure I shed tears but this was flat out sobbing. It was horrible and as much as I wanted to hate the mother, I just couldn't, I could empathize with her. I kept my other movie selections light, The Hangover - very funny, The Proposal - very funny, but had already seen it, and Ghosts of Ex Girlfriends Past - cute, and again had already seen it. I am very much hoping the movies are updated on the 15th of the month so we have a few more selections on the way home.

1 comment:

The B's said...

So super glad that you guys had a safe trip. While reading your blog, totally felt myself right back in Manila. Did Carver make the trip?? Shopping, hello- girl, I would be knocking off some things on the Christmas list. Um, pearls for you and you and you.:) So, what you failed to leave off from your post was your spa list ... hehehe! I hope that you enjoy. Be safe. Totally feel you on the movie update... also wishing you loads of good TV
(while I was there I think Murder She wrote was still in the rotation).