Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Adventures of Brad and Riley

So last night the phone rings and its my parents Richmond Neighbor, Linda.

Me: Hi Linda

Linda: Hi Leigh, I just wanted to make sure your parents were here

Me: No, they aren't here, why?

Linda: Oh well, I can see that there is a light on upstairs so I figured they must have arrived and I didn't know they were coming

Me: No, and that's strange, I will have to send Brad over to check it out

Linda: Okay, just let him know I will be here ready to call someone if I need to

Me: Okay, Thanks Linda.

So Brad got dressed (he wasn't naked, just in sweatpants, get your heads out of the gutter). Got Riley ready to go, because of course, you can't go check out a potentially dangerous situation without the always ferocious dog at your side. So Brad grabs his huge mag-lite flashlight and off they go.

Long Story Short - the light was on, and we have no idea why, or how it happened. And then while I was on the phone with Brad as he and Riley made their way through the house he says "Holy S#$%" and my heart stops. He tells me the Gun Safe was open, meaning not locked. At first I panic thinking someone has broken in, stolen the guns and could be in the house with a loaded gun getting ready to blow my dogs tail off....oh wait, I mean my husbands head off. And then Brad tells me there are still 5 guns in there, but just to be safe I called my Dad in Montana (he is there hunting for a few weeks), and he doesn't specifically remember locking it, so my panic decreases thinking its just a matter of no one locking it last time they were in it. So we confirm all the guns are there and my Dad makes a note to call ADT to change their level of service, and we all go to bed safe and sound. Ta-Da.

As I type, the ice maker is dropping ice into the tray and Riley is having a heart attack, running around, barking as loud as he can, clearly he would be the right one to have with you in a pinch, because dropping ice sends him into a tailspin. Crazy Dog.

No comments: