Sunday, November 29, 2009

Decorations Galore

A few small adjustments to the shelves over the couch - I removed some of the pictures and replaced them with a few festive touches.


If you will carefully notice the blocks...they used to say Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth...but clearly that isn't going to work this year with four little hands.

Welcome to Snowville

I happen to love this time of year, have I mentioned that before? I love getting the house all junked up with Christmas Decorations and I love thinking about how the girls will feel when they come back to the house after their first semester at college and how wonderful it feels to see all the comforts of your childhood displayed for you as you are welcomed back home after being gone for a few months. I have such fond memories of the holiday season, I can't even begin to thank my parents for all the wonderful holiday traditions they have passed along to me. And while I love each and every one of them its time to create some holiday traditions of our own. We have started a few already and will add more as the girls get older, but its this type of stuff that really warms my heart, I get all giddy just thinking about Christmas Morning and Olivia's reaction...and you wonder why I am not curious as to how Avery will react...oh that's because I already know, she will head straight for the presents in the hopes that the wrapping paper will taste as good as it looks...our lil Billy Goat.

The dining room table, this set was all purchased when I was going through the "Everything has to be BLUE AND SILVER" phase.

A place setting...
The Willow Tree Nativity Set, a big thanks goes out to my MIL, as the gave me one of my Christmas Presents early this year so I could display it. I guess she thought the 3 Wise Men would look a little silly by themselves (she gave me the 3 wise men last year). Also, notice the Chair-Rail in the Formal Living Room - Brad and his Dad's project while I was in Manila.


The sideboard table in the foyer...

A new addition - our Family Advent Calendar - notice the 7 is missing and the 6 is in the wrong place...yeah, I didn't notice until I took it out this year, no wonder it was 50% off. Its an easy fix though...just haven't done it yet.



Our plan for the Advent Calendar is to have little presents or a little piece of candy for each day. We will number the presents and they will have to look for the present with the corresponding day on it. If you look closely you will see the Turner Basket in the picture below, that basket will hold all the presents. We aren't going to do it this year because the girls are too young and we don't need all those little toys laying around, but we already have it all planned out for next year, and we have thought about doing it with Olivia for the week leading up to Christmas, but right now its just a festive decoration.


No comments: