Saturday, November 21, 2009

Can't Sleep...

Good Gracious, I can't sleep. Last night it was 1:30am before I finally shut the light off and closed my peepers. And its 12:30am and I am wide awake. I am guessing its the 13 hour time change adjustment, however I didn't struggle with it last time, and I figured with being sick I would take advantage of the extra sleep, but no such luck.

Brad and I took the girls to Donna's this morning and spent the day cleaning the Third Floor of our house, we worked on it until about 3pm and then gave up. We did some serious damage on the home office but the common area could still use some serous work, which means we will have to utilize the hours of nap time the girls provide this weekend.

It was a long day, but I was so happy to see Brad and the girls waiting for me at the airport I couldn't stop myself, Olivia was running in place, Brad was holding her back, and when he let her go we ran to each other and she was yelling "My Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, My Mommy" I just started crying, I was so happy to be home and to see my beautiful family.

So back it up a bit and I woke up around 7:00pm Wednesday Night (Manila Time, which is 6am est), went to work, worked until about 4am, came home, showered, packed and boarded a van to the airport at 5:45am. We arrived at the Manila Airport, thank goodness we fly Business Class, because the Coach area was an absolute zoo, we went through about 84 security checks and while we were checking in I noticed that there were crazy amounts of paparazzi outside, camera crews, etc. So I asked one of the nice ladies what was going on, she informed me that one of their largest local celebrities was going to be on our flight, turns out she ended up sitting behind me. Her name is Angel Locsin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Locsin) the cute little ladies at the airport were going ga-ga over her, everyone was getting their pictures taken with her, I asked if she was like a "Jessica Simpson" and they told me "No, more like Jennifer Aniston". I am just not the star-struck type, but it was hilarious to watch everyone freak out! We had a 2 hour layover in Tokyo, the SkyClub Lounge was an absolute zoo, but we still enjoyed ourselves until we had to board the plane for Atlanta. Everything went smoothly, no issues going through customs...and we landed safe and sound in Richmond around 5:50pm.

After putting the girls down I ran out to Patient First, I just couldn't take it anymore, I was coughing my face off, had gone through 2 rolls of TP on the plane, and couldn't stop blowing my nose, super annoying. Turns out they think its just viral and the best they could do was cough meds, but of course it makes me sleepy so I can't take it during the day, as I type I am coughing my face off wishing I hadn't left it downstairs.

The girls Christmas Outfits arrived while I was gone so I tried them on today, I am a big nervous, Avery's is a little tight, so I am not sure what to do.

1 comment:

o4seasmom said...

Leigh, I had horrible jetlag when I returned from Thailand last year--I woke up at 3am for like 5 mornings in a row and just couldn't go back to sleep! I'm glad you are home and back with the fam...you are adorable, by the way!! Love reading your blog!