Monday, November 9, 2009

The power of prayer...

I couldn't stay focused today, I have been so caught up in Stellan's fight that I couldn't focus at work, and even tonight while I know I should have been cherishing my children, and savoring the time I had with them at the dinner table, I was focused on Stellan.

Dr. A had been hoping for a "home run" for Stellan, but the reality of the situation was that he had a small chance of knocking one out of the park, BUT truth be told he indeed hit a home run. Stellan is free of SVT and in recovery now, waiting for his Dad to arrive from the Frozen Tundra, who by the way missed his flight all while sitting at a gate, I don't know how his Mom kept her cool, I would have been furious with Brad if he just missed his flight, who misses a flight just sitting there? I can imagine that his mind was on other things, like the fact that his son was fighting for his life, but seriously...pay attention.

Okay, back to the power of pray. Today while sitting at my cube I emailed my MIL and asked her to send a prayer request to Fort Trial, their church in Bassett, I mentioned them before, they worked their magic on Avery, I figured it was the least I could do for Stellan, I felt so hopeless, its amazing the hold this little boy has on my life and I don't even know him, but I sure feel I do.

I spent extra time tonight humming sweet songs to Avery as she screamed in my ear and fought sleep, I read and reread Someday (one of my favorite books) to Olivia over and over again, until we closed the book and I started to tell her about Baby Stellan, and how he was at the hospital, because he was a very sick little boy and that we needed to lift him up in prayer, and pray for the Doctors who had their strong wise hands holding his life ever so tightly and then I tucked her into bed and came down to check on Stellan only to find that he was SVT free, amen.

In other news, Avery had a rough, rough night, she screamed and screamed and screamed and refused to settle down, she crawled around the second floor until almost 7:30pm when Brad worked his magic and she drifted off to dreamland only to be awoken (is that English?) by Riley flapping his ears outside of her door, she started with the screaming but this time we just let her wail, the whole cry it out thing works every now and then. And Olivia had a serious case of the Monday's. I was late getting home, didn't walk into the house until almost 6pm and Brad was scolding her for standing on the couch, so that started it off on a sour note, and it just went downhill from there until we got to the book reading, she cuddled up in my lap and asked me to read and reread my favorite book several times, its like she knew I needed that very book to put a smile on my face and some happy tears in my eyes.

No comments: