Saturday, November 14, 2009

Greenhills

I think I mentioned before that we always shop at this "market" called Greenhills. Its actually this huge building/warehouse type set up with hundreds/thousands of little booths all set up, they sell EVERYTHING you can possible think of. The biggest selections come in the genre's of purses and clothing. We all met for breakfast this morning at the hotel and then set out for a 3 hour adventure at Greenhills. http://www.greenhills.com.ph/ I picked up some gifts and fulfilled on some of the orders my neighbors and co-workers gave me and then we headed home.

I slept last night from about 1:30am until about 8am. But it wasn't a sound sleep. I was up a few times and tossed and turned quite a bit. Not to mention it feels like I am swallowing daggers and can barely talk. My throat is killing me, my ears are still clogged from the flight and I am super congested...good times. I have been taking Advil like its my job and after taking 5 at lunch I got a tiny bit of relief, but in general the Advil hasn't really been touching it, I am worried I will have to see the Hotel Doctor and get some meds to knock it out...urg. I am going to give it another day or two before taking action, but its seriously annoying.

Schedule so far:

8am - wake up
8:30am - breakfast at Circles Buffet - which for me consisted of Shrimp Dumplings and a Waffle - sounds horrible, but it was okay.
10am - Arrived at Greenhills to shop
12:30pm - Left Greenshills and headed back to the hotel
1:15pm - Ate lunch at Circles Buffet - which consisted of Shrimp Dumplings and Shrimp Tempura, not a lot of variety on my plate, the others went to down, but with my throat feeling the way it doesn't I really wasn't hungry. I did however enjoy another Coca Cola Light.
2:45pm - We headed for Balikbayan Handicrafts - a local store that specialized in wood - take a look: http://www.balikbayanhandicrafts.com/
3:30pm - Back to the hotel, some of the girls are going swimming, some are taking a nap. My plan is to take a nap shortly and then we will all meet for Dinner around 9pm at the Japanese Steakhouse here at the hotel.

I did get to talk to Olivia this morning just as she was going to bed, she told me she loved me, and when I told her I loved her to the Moon and back she said "Moon Back - I love you", so sweet. I miss them to pieces, its much harder this trip, I suspect its because I am not as excited to be here, I know what its all about, it isn't new this time around, so I would much rather be at home with my family where I belong, but its only a week right? But in the same breath I tell myself that a week in Avery's life is huge, big things happen in a week for her, she will probably be pulling herself up by the time I get home, last trip she learned to roll and cut a tooth while I was gone. The girls are in good hands though, Brad's Parents are there and keeping them home from daycare, so I know they are having the time of their lives. I am so thankful that his parents are there to help, we are lucky kids to have the parents we do, they are so good to us and to our darling little girls.

No comments: