Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Snots & Airplanes

They don't mix and right now they are my reality and my head is pounding just thinking about it. I have yet to pack, my suitcase is still on the loft in the garage which means it won't be packed until Brad gets home and gets it down for me.
Avery was up bright and early, Riley had me up and out of bed twice last night and I coughed my face off until after midnight so as you can tell I am a little short on sleep and could use a few more Zzzzzz's. I hope to accomplish that today being that I have today off to observe Veteran's Day.
Speaking of Veteran's Day, I watched the Ft. Hood Memorial Service yesterday, and while I know several of you don't share my admiration for our President, but his words yesterday were precise and to the point and so very well spoken. I loved the personal touch, how he shared personal insight into each and every soldiers lives that were lost.
I have a few errands to run today and right now I don't know if I can muster the energy to get off the couch let alone shower, get dressed, put makeup on, leave the house, go in and out of stores all while dodging the rain. Ugh. Yes, I know I am being a bit dramatic...
I leave tomorrow morning at 9:25am, fly to Detroit, have a 90 minute layover, a 14 hour flight to Narita, Japan, which is in Tokyo, have a two hour layover and then a 6 hour flight to Manila, which means we arrive in Manila around midnight on Friday, their time. And we fly back on Thursday the 19th. I am going to miss Brad and the girls to pieces. I wrote the girls cards last night just in case my plane goes down so they know how much I mean to me and how much I will miss them should my flight turn into an episode straight out of LOST. Lets knock on a lot of wood that it doesn't happen.

2 comments:

3guysandagirl said...

I was born in Fort Hood, Texas. Total shock, and totally in agreeance on the speech. Have a safe trip Leigh. Your lucky, you get Veterans day off and your kids are in daycare? Lucky you.

Amy said...

I think his speech was well written, for sure. I think it would have been nice had he mentioned the word TERRORISM one time, though.

Major Nadal Malik Hasan is linked to more people being tracked by the FBI than just a radical Muslim imam.