Sunday, November 15, 2009

And....I'm Up

Finally...I was holed up in my room for a good portion of the last two days because I have felt like...well....to be perfectly honest, I felt like crap. No two butts about it, can't sugar coat it, it is what it is, I felt like crap. I have slept the better part of the last two days, but I am finally up. Kelley (co-worker) and I went to the pool, had some virgin drinks, a club sandwich and relaxed a bit. We should have been sleeping since we have to work tonight, but since I had been sleeping for the last 20 hours I just couldn't sleep anymore and the sun was calling her name so she gave up the sleep to lay in the sun. It's rare to see the sun here, on my last trip I don't think we saw a single beam of sunshine, but we have see the sun quite a bit over the last few days here. On our way back from the pool we stopped in the salon and had hot oil treatments on our hair, heaven with a capital H. The guy was like "Miss Leigh, your neck is tight", no kidding! He gave it a shot, but my neck is still a mess, which means I foresee a massage in my future, maybe even tomorrow morning.

So I will be attempting to nap for a few hours before dinner and then its off to work around 8:30pm. We will likely be back at the hotel around 5:30am, just in time for a quick swim/workout and then breakfast. We might take a 4 hour bus tour of Old and New Manila, but it will depend on the weather and how I am feeling.

I talked to Brad and Avery's fever was down before bed which is a very good thing, lets hope it doesn't climb back up during the night.

No comments: