Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Trees

We put up both Christmas Trees today. Olivia helped with the first, which is really the second, long story. She knew exactly what to do with the ornaments, she took them out of their storage boxes and put them on the tree. All of them. All of them on the same two branches. It was hysterical. I wish I would have snapped a few shots of her in action prior to my coaching session. Post coaching session she knocked it out of the park, she was spreading them out, but of course all of them were limited to the bottom third of the tree, due to her height, but still, she was a big helper.

I am still feeling rotten, and I am worthless. Brad has been super-dad. I have taken naps the last two days, and this afternoon he got the girls up and took them outside to play so I could keep sleeping, what a guy huh? I sure am lucky. And he has had to put Avery to bed the last three nights, she won't let me put her down, she just screams and screams, but Brad has been able to get her down with just a few fusses...he is a pro now. See what happens Ladies when you are forced to go out of town...Dad steps up to the plate and hits a home run. Now if we could only get them to the plate without leaving the country we would be in a great place. Just kidding. I know how lucky I am, I have a husband who is very involved in raising the girls, who can step in and be super dad at the drop of a hat.
Formal Tree = Tree #2

Two days of work this week and then we are off to Bassett. I am seriously thinking about taking this week off next year, seems like a great week to take off, a lot of people appear to be on vacation this week so why the heck not. This is also a great week to take a real vacation, somewhere warm and tropical, but gone are those days now that we have two little ones. Our second Thanksgiving together we took a cruise to the Bahamas and spent a few extra days in Florida, we actually spent Thanksgiving Day at Disney World.


Avery's Funny Face - which resembles one I made as a child...the poor thing.

Also, very random, but I happen to LOVE America's Funniest Home Video's. The show cracks me up. Olivia is curled up on our bed watching it right now (I know, Mom of the Year for letting my kid watch TV before bed), and she is just mesmerized.
One of my favorite ornaments, which we just re-created for Avery...

Olivia's new ornament from Durham, NC.

And Avery's

Our new Tree Topper...I happen to be madly in love with it, so much so I would marry it if I could...

No comments: