Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful for...


From the mouth of a two year old...

On Wednesday:
Me: "Olivia, what are you thankful for?"
Olivia: "Pizza"
Well said my dear child, well said.
On Thursday:
Me: "Lets try this again Olivia, what are you thankful for?"
Olivia: "NOTHING", pronounced - NUFFIN
Me: "Well that isn't very nice....I am very thankful for you"
Olivia: "I know"



Clearly she was in one of her moods...


Then on Friday we were shopping, I know, can you believe it, my first Black Friday experience and I brought my two year old along, what the heck was I thinking? She thought that she had spotted Santa Claus, who if you recall from last year she was petrified of him, and so I asked her if she was going to sit on his lap this year and let us take her picture, she said yes, and then the following transpired:
Me: "Olivia, what do you want Santa Claus to bring you?"
Olivia: "A present for Mommy"
Me: "Oh sweetie, that is very kind of you, how about for Avery, what should Santa bring Avery?"
Olivia: "Nuffin"


Well, at least she is honest. The sweet thing had a few bouts of terrible two-ness over the long weekend. She doesn't do well when she wakes up from her nap to a full house and that is exactly what happened on Thanksgiving, so it was touch and go for a little while, but she turned it around and ended up eating some "chickens", which is aka Turkey to the rest of us.

We had a great time in Bassett, got to meet our nephew Heath McCoy Jones for the first time and Olivia got to play with Leah and Ellie, which by the way she asked about every second after they left, she is very much looking forward to Christmas when she can play with her cousins again.
Brad and I made it out Friday night after the girls were in bed and saw The Blind Side, which I highly recommend to anyone that has a heart. It was a wonderful movie. I actually surprised myself, I didn't end up crying nearly as much as I thought I would, only a few teary eyed moments, but the comedic twists helped snap me out of it, and made me laugh. Sandra Bullock was wonderful, I can't imagine anyone else playing her character. But since its a true story I really wonder how realistic the portrayal was of all the characters, its rare they do true stories about people that are all still alive, so you don't so much have to worry about how they are going to react to it, but with this, I am sure some of it was dramatized and I wonder how the real people felt about it. Kinda like with Remember the Titans, a lot of it was changed around to make it more exciting and dramatic, and I had read that some of the real people still alive were a bit offended by the changes that were made or the people who were cut out of it. Brad said he had heard an interview with the actor that played Michael, and that he was able to meet with the real Michael Oher, and that he was very unassuming, he didn't really understand why someone wanted to make a movie about him. So who knows. Just something I thought about after watching the movie. I have several lines that I already use in my everyday banter with Brad, but I think my favorite quote from the movie was when one of Sandra Bullocks snobby friends said "I think you are doing a great thing, you are changing this boys life" and Sandra Bullock looks at her and said "No, he is changing mine".

No comments: