Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bar Smoke

Woof - I can't even tell you the last time I showered and had to wash my hair more than once to get the smell of smoke out of it. It was ages ago. There was a time in my life, not all that long ago that it was the norm for me on a weekend night, but I can't say I miss those days. Where is all of this coming from you are likely wondering?

Well, Brad went out on a man-date tonight. He met up with a few of his riding buddies at a bar for a few drinks. I guess one of the guys is moving back to PA so it was more of a "Going Away" get together. I must also mention that my darling husband went for a nice, relaxing bike ride this afternoon....yes, you got that right. I am on my death bed, just got home from a week away and he is going for rides and out for drinks. In his defense, he got up with Avery this morning at 7am and let me sleep until 9:30, but only because I begged him to. He also took the girls to Costco by himself and bought me some beautiful flowers, super sweet of him. I am just giving him a hard time actually. I don't mind, I actually have enjoyed having some down time at home this evening. Riley and I have been hanging out in bed. I actually fell asleep watching Barney with Olivia before I put her down, but she woke me up when Barney was over (Brad was still home, I didn't fall asleep while I should have been watching her, don't worry), but then when Brad left, I tried to go back to sleep and couldn't. Very annoying. I have had a huge headache for the last several hours, so I just took another dose of Advil and I hope to shut the lights out and hit the hay shortly.

So the point of my post was, I love that my life doesn't involve having to wash my hair several times after a night out with the girls/or guys, or smelling it the next day when you finally get around to showering...oh how times have changed.

No comments: