Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Finger Pricks & Cinnamon Toast

Another terrible night for poor Olivia, she was burning up when she woke up calling for me at 1:15am. She came into bed with me, had some Motrin and after an hour of begging me to watch Barney and telling me to wake up the second I closed my eyes she dosed back into dreamland and we got some sleep...until Riley wanted to go outside for the second time...and then Avery woke up babbling around 4:30am, ate at 5am, then Riley wanted to eat at 5:30am, then Avery was up for good around 6:30am...you catching my drift...nights being a single Mom with two young children, one being a sick young child, and a dog on steroids can make for a long, long night.

When Olivia woke up this morning her lips were blue, her hands were freezing but her body temp was 100. Very strange. So I called the Doctor and they wanted to see her right away, we ended up hanging out there for about an hour, they ran some blood work, turns out her WBC shows she is fighting a virus or two and likely that is the culprit. If she is still dealing with a 104 degree fever by Friday then we have to take her back for some more testing. But for now the best we can do is give her Motrin and lots of lovin'. Good thing my parents are here to take care of her tomorrow because its about time for me to get my buns back to work. And you best believe these buns will be in jeans, yup, that's right, jeans. We got an email yesterday from our MVP telling us we can be "weekend casual" for the month of December. I just about jumped off the couch and did a touchdown celebration dance, I was so excited. But honestly, I don't know why I am so excited, its really only for two weeks because Capital One basically shuts down beginning on Decmeber 18th, everyone ends up taking two weeks of vacation at the end of the year or working from home, the office is a ghost town late December so I likely won't be going in, and will spend my time working from home.

Oh yeah - and the Cinnamon Toast - thats the only thing Olivia has eaten today! The poor thing told me her "Tummy Hurt", but I didn't have the heart to tell her that she was pointing to her "Ta-Ta's". Silly girl.

No comments: