Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...


Now if only we can hold onto this snow for about a week, I will get my wish. Ya see, growing up I expected to see snow on the ground each and every Christmas, that's what you get for growing up in New England, you always have a White Christmas. And I worried that when my parents made the decision to move down here that I might never again see a White Christmas and that my children wouldn't get to experience a Christmas like I had growing up, but low and be hold...that all might change this year. Right now we probably have about 8-10 inches of snow, which is nothing compared to folks just an hour West of here, they are dealing with about 2 feet of snow.

Olivia's first time playing in the snow...


The snow started here around 5pm yesterday and its still coming down. Its beautiful and I hope to have some more pictures to share with you tomorrow after I break out of the house, but for now you will have to do with pictures taken from inside, because as it stands Avery isn't ready to watch herself and we don't have the right clothes to take her out to play in, so I have been inside with her all day while Brad, Olivia and Riley went outside and played with our neighbors.


Riley, the poor thing had to come inside, his legs were turning a deep purple-red color. Poor thing, he was wanted to be outside with his friend Grover so badly. Brad was throwing snow balls for him and he was catching them in his mouth and attacking them, he loved it. But being that he doesn't really have a whole lot of fur, and he doesn't do well when its super cold and wet outside.



It was my night/morning with Avery, so since we were up at 9pm, 5am and then 6am for the day I figured we might as well make the most of it and bake until our hearts content. So I turned on the Christmas Tree's, put the Christmas Music on, lit the Yankee Candles and pre-heated the oven to 375. The first thing on the menu was Peanut Butter Blossoms. (above)


Next was Chocolatie-Mint Goodness...these cookies are a little bit of heaven and they happen to be some of the easiest cookies to make.


Recipe:


1 Box of Chocolate Cake Mix


1 Box of Chocolate Jello - Instant


1 Bag of Andes Mint Candy Pieces (Wal-Mart)


1/2 Cup of Oil - usually I use a little more to ensure they stay super moist


2 Eggs


Mix all the goodness together and bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Do not overcook, in fact they are much better if you under cook just a bit.



Brad actually found Olivia's "Snowsuit" at Sears yesterday after checking several places, I was worried we were going to be stuck with the Red, Black and White Camo one from the boys section because at first they didn't have Olivia's size (3T) in the girl colors, but after looking at them long enough we decided to take a chance on the 2T one and it FIT. Phew.

So this is Brian, Molly and Campbell's House, if you recall I haven't stepped foot outside yet, so this is the best I could do, this is my deck view. I wanted to show you what our house looks like in the snow, but no luck, so since we have the same model house I figured this would give you a good idea of what our house looks like right about now. Picture it Gray with Navy Shutters and there you have it.


I just finished making Buffalo Chicken Dip, Chicken Casserole and "Chicken 'Cha-ladas", we are going to be clucking before you know it.

No comments: