Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home, Home on the Range

We are H-O-M-E. And while I am thrilled to be home and for the girls to be in their own beds, our house is a disaster and I feel like our to-do list just keeps getting longer and longer. All the bags from our Turner Christmas have joined the mess and added to the chaos we call home. When the girls went down for their afternoon nap Brad and I hurried to re-arrange the Morning Room (aka their Playroom). Santa brought Olivia the ABC play mat square thingys (do you know what I am talking about?) and she loves to play with each individual piece, which makes a big ol' mess, so we decided that the only way to stop that cycle was to put them down on the floor so they could actually be the floor mat Santa intended them to be. I wish you could have seen us, actually, no I really don't, it was embarrassing, we were so exhausted that we got the alphabet wrong at one point, forgot the #5 the second time around, and ended up having to re-do it four times. And what did Olivia do the second she got up from her nap...she attempted to pull up the letters...but we explained we don't play with the letters anymore, we'll see how that goes.

And Brad and I are both sick, I can't stop coughing, he is just a foggy mess, and have I mentioned that Avery not only sleeps like absolute crap, but she has been a cranky mess all day.? Oh I failed to mentioned that? I can't imagine why! The little bugger was so tired tonight that I put her down after her bath around 6:15pm, only to have her wake up screaming her face off at 6:49pm and she cried straight for a good 40 minutes. Brad finally took over once he and Olivia got home from a quick trip to my parents house, and he was able to rock her to sleep. Virtual High Five for Brad.

I promise to share the progress with the Morning Room just as soon as I make some...HA!

No comments: