Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sweet Girls from da Hood

When we made the decision to move build in this neighborhood we had no idea that we were going to hit the neighbors Jackpot. We are super blessed to have such a great neighborhood, sure there are some houses that I wish would just vanish, and there are some neighbors that I have never spoken a word to in my life, but for the most part we have lucked out. When we moved in we thought that we were going to be at least four years away from having children...four and a half years later and we have two little darlings - whoops. The year Olivia was born she was one of five girls born in our neighborhood and this year Avery was one of six babies, four of which were girls, so we have our fair share of girls in this neighborhood to play with, and for that I am forever grateful, I just can't wait until they reach the whole "I'm going over to Campbell's House to play" phase...right now it requires a lot of supervising and a lot of parenting, which in reality is still great, because that means we get together with our pals more often so the kids can play. Actually, we get together with our neighbors because we love them and the kids playing together is just a bonus. I need to get better about telling it how it is from the start - HA!.
Saturday Night four of the girls got together, (a few have moved away already), Madison was home welcoming her new baby brother (Ryan) and Maya was spending some QT with her Grandparents.
(Olivia - almost 2.5)
(Avery - almost 10 months)

(Juliette - 6 months)

(Campbell - 1.5 months)

Do you think they will be friends for years to come? I sure hope so!

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

I sure hope they will all be best friends in the years to come! and I love that we will be able to send them just across the street for some play time & I love even more that the mommies can get together for play time too! We are so lucky to have you as neighbors & friends!