Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Son of a Nutcracker

So I am not ready to reveal our Holiday Cards just yet, I want the folks from out of town to be able to see them for the first time when they check their mail, but I will post the card soon...but I couldn't resist posting about the card. I bought a design on www.etsy.com, went back and forth with my favorite card designer for 8 proofs, finally we had it perfect and I sent it off to Costco to be printed...150 of them. I went to pick them up yesterday....not ready....they promised they would be ready, but they simply said "Check back tomorrow", like these are just run of the mill cards? Like they don't need to be sent out PRONTO...so I did as I was told, and I checked back today. I picked them up, gave one to Miss Donna (daycare lady), gave one to my Mom, we "ohhhh and awwwwwd" over how much we love them and then as I started stuffing the envelopes for our neighbors I realized....that Olivia's name was spelled wrong. Instead of Olivia, it says Oliva. Whoops. Son of a Nutcracker!

But this isn't the first time I have managed to screw up the proof reading process. I had about 27 people proof read our Wedding Invitation and we still managed to put the wrong day of the week on our invite...idiots.

But its all in good fun, despite my control freak personality things like this don't really phase me, I just laugh it off.