Sunday, December 20, 2009

Big Day Tomorrow

Olivia and I are going to visit TCH (The Children's House), the girls new school tomorrow at 10am in the hopes that it won't be super foreign to Olivia on January 4th when her first day rolls around. I am nervous for her, and even a little sad. This is another milestone in her life, she is growing up, starting pre-school. I can't wait to take her "First Day of School" pictures, I am already laying out different outfits, a bit crazy right? I can imagine Olivia throwing a fit and wanting to wear anything BUT what I have laid out, so I am not going to hold my breath or get my hopes up that her outfit will even remotely match or coordinate. Oh well, such is life.

Olivia seems to think that she is going to take a School Bus to school, its the only thing that she talks about when we talk about her new school. I have tried to level set her expectations, but it doesn't seem to be soaking in, its like talking to a wall, I wonder where she gets that from? Hmmmm.

My Mom is going to stay with Avery while Olivia and I go check it out and then I am going to head into the office for a few hours. I don't get people. For those of you familiar with Outlook, I have my calendar blocked as "Out of the Office", which in Capital One culture that means do not schedule a meeting during that time if you want me to attend, BUT apparently tomorrow is an exception for at least three different people, because now I have three meetings tomorrow afternoon on my day off. GOOD GRIEF. And I know these meeting schedulers think I am just making an exception for them and coming in for their meeting, but honestly if I did that for everyone would I ever get to have a day off? Not likely.

No comments: