Friday, December 11, 2009

Cry Baby

Avery is a mess! An absolute mess! She has been less than a stellar sleeper, but this week she has been a downright awful sleeper. She is 9 months old for Pete's sake and the child cannot for the life of her sleep through the night. And the screaming, oh the screaming, it sounds like someone is poking her in the eye with a hot poker. I have never heard Olivia scream like this, I wish I had it on video to share with you guys, but I just can't bring myself to tape her screaming. I mean, yes, she screamed her face off as a newborn when they were moving her IV around and trying to get it back in, especially when they moved it to her head, but these screams rival her newborn IV screams.

Why is Avery sleeping like poop?

Why is Avery screaming her snotty little face off?

Why oh why you ask?

If I only knew...

But I do have a few possibilities...

Maybe an ear infection? Possibly teething? Or maybe she is just turning into a non-sleeping brat. That happens to be Brad's theory. That she just wants out of her room, because if you go into her room and pick her up, she will continue to scream in your arms until you leave her room, as soon as you take her out of the room she hushes right up...so Brad thinks she is just being a brat, I would like to believe there is something else at work here, because I can't imagine what its going to be like to raise this child if at 9m she is already a huge brat.

So tomorrow, we are taking Cry Baby and Liv to visit Santa at Bass Pro Shops. We have been preparing Olivia for it, and she seems to talk about Santa quite a bit these days, so I am hopeful that Olivia can catch a glimpse of him without a monumental melt down...I bet you thought I was going to say I was hopeful she would sit on his lap...nah, I know better, I am fairly certain that won't happen.

1 comment:

3guysandagirl said...

Cameron and Avery sound like twins. He's 16 months and still sleeps like crap. We got a few good months when he was swaddled, and that was it. We're lucky if he only gets up once before 6 a.m.