Monday, December 28, 2009

Operation Declutter

I follow The Thrifty Decor Chick Blog and last year she hosted a De-clutter and Organization Party and while she isn't going to do that again this year, I got a lot of great ideas by re-reading her post from last January. I get super duper motivated to just ransack the house and start over, throw out things we don't need, pack up stuff we never use and donate it to folks that will use it, but I always lose some momentum before the job is done. And while I go into the project fully motivated to toss whatever we don't use and need I always end up pulling back the reins a little bit and end up holding onto more than I anticipated, isn't that always the case. But this year, I am uber motivated, but lack the funds to buy the organizational tools necessary to get the job done...so enter creative means to organize. And by enter I mean, begin brainstorming what we already own that can function as a means to organize our stuff, because we are still in Bassett and my brain is working overtime not being at home and being able to kick this project off. And in all honesty, who am I kidding? I am going to be home with two children under the age of 2.5 for the rest of the week, when in the world will I find the time to de-clutter and organize. I was telling Brad on the way down here that we need a Staycation, you know the kind of vacation where the kids go to daycare for most of it, we stay home and get stuff done around the house. BUT this year is full of real vacations that leave us with negative time to take for our Staycation, so that will either have to wait until 2011 or the weekends will need to be super duper productive.

Another project I have been putting off for years...is really cleaning out my closet. I have four different sizes in my closet, and while I likely won't get down to the smallest one, I still am holding out hope and haven't purged the clothes yet. I am going to give myself until September to lose some weight and then the closet is going to get hit..BIG TIME.

What are your projects for the New Year? And just wait a post about New Years Resolutions is just around the corner...

No comments: