Thursday, December 3, 2009

Feeling oh so honored...

Last night I met my GF Allison for dinner & drinks, her and I were roommates our freshman year at JMU and ended up living together for 3 of our 4 years at school, we had a blast living together and have remained close "quality" friends. She too works for Capital One and was in town for the night (she is based in DC), so we met for dinner at Helen's, which was delicious by the way, I dined on Mac n Cheese with Crab & Ham and she savored Shrimp and Gouda Grits, which were also something to write home about, and who could forget our delicious bottle of wine.

Allison is engaged to a "Christmas Angel" as she likes to call him, and last night after several hours of chatting away, while sitting alone in a restaurant together, oh yeah, thats right, it was just her and I in the ENTIRE restaurant, she asked me to be in her wedding. I was oh so honored. I am so excited to share in her special day and hope that I can help make it one to remember for her. She was in my wedding and I am so honored to share in this experience with her.

September is going to be a "love filled" month for me, I am going to be in two weddings and I am so honored, as I happen to adore each and everyone involved. BUT, that also smacks me right in the face with the fact that I need to lose this extra person I am carrying around in my mid-section. I know, I know, I have been talking about this for ages, and you're right, I have. But that has to change. Once the holidays are over its serious business folks, no more messing around, I am going to hit the gym as much as I can over the next few weeks, but I will likely spending a lot of time working from home late December so the gym won't really be an option for me, I might have to break down and do some Wii Fit with Brad, or ride the trainer at home. I can't wait until the holidays are over to start watching what I eat, or working out, but I know I have things coming up that will require me to cheat, so I just have to manage that the best I can.

The 4th Annual Tacky Sweater Party is just two days away, I am pumped!! I can't wait to whip out one of my new sweaters...look out folks. Its going to be a great weekend, so much to look forward to. Spending time with Megs, the Party and of course the Bazaar Bizarre.

1 comment:

Kearstin said...

Two weddings? ! Good thing they don't fall on the same day! Who diets? You will look great no matter what!