Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Meals

I love planning the menu for Holiday Meals, and Christmas-time means there are a few meals to plan and I can't wait!


So here is our run-down by meal. It all starts on Christmas Eve. My Aunt Martha and Uncle Bill from CT will be with us this year for Christmas, so we will have a big Christmas Eve dinner at our house. Our family, my parents, my Aunt and Uncle and The Koehler Family, we are looking forward to starting our Christmas Eve traditions with our neighbors so the kids will have something to look forward to each and every year. So back to the meal...man oh man I can get side-tracked like nobodies business. Sorry bout that.
Christmas Eve at our house


Turkey
Stuffing
Potato Casserole (Insley is in charge of this)
Sweet Potato Casserole
Cranberry Fluff Goodness
Rolls
Another veggie of some sort...still brainstorming, any ideas?
And for dessert, Montana Mud Pie and Pumpkin Pie. Eat your heart out Kris and Justin. I am still deciding on an appetizer, but it might just be a simple cheese and crackers platter, not sure yet.
Christmas Day Breakfast at our house
Sausage Rolls
Cheesy Ham and Egg Casserole
Baked French Toast
Mimosa's
*so far the only thing I have purchased is the Champagne and OJ...clearly my priorities are in order, right?

Christmas Dinner at my Parents House


Shrimp Cocktail as an appetizer, this is a standing tradition in the Worden (maiden name) Family, one of my favorites.
Beef Tenderloin
Green Bean Casserole
Potato Casserole
Squash
Popovers or Rolls, still undecided.
And dessert will likely be Mud Pie again, but if I have some time I am going to try out a new recipe from my Paula Deen Baking Cookbook I bought by mistake, long story.

What do you all enjoy on Christmas? We will be heading to Brad's Parents mid-day on the 26th so I imagine the eating will continue straight through New Years, and then January 4th its serious business. I thought about asking for an eating disorder for Christmas,but I didn't think that would be appropriate, maybe not, but very much needed. HA.

No comments: