Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh Containter Store where art thou?

For those of you that know me well you know I am nut-so about organizing. I love to plan, to organize and to decorate and right now I am in a bit of a stand-still. I am not sure what to do with the girls play area. Right now its in our Morning Room, just off our kitchen, and I love the "location" of it, because I can easily see them playing while working in the kitchen and usually can see them when I am sitting on my bum in the Family Room, BUT with all the latest additions to the toy collection we are running into a bit of a space constraint. I just don't know how to organize and make the best use of this space. We had toyed with turning the girls loose in the Formal Living room and making that room theirs for the taking, and that is still on the table, but in the short-term it looks like we are going to attempt to make a go of it in the Morning Room. Which means we need to slide the "Kitchen" table down to make room for more toys and give the girls more "play space". BUT here is where you all come in. I would love some advice on how to store their toys, all the little parts and pieces, the ones that Avery tries to eat the second she spies them, and we need to get Olivia into the habit of putting the crayons back in the art drawer, etc. Right now we have a four drawer cabinet-thingy, its canvas and black and it goes well in the room, I love that the cabinets are just that, cabinets, not the open baskets that you just throw stuff in, that can get a bit messy looking, I like the clean look of the actual drawers, but I am at a loss, do I just buy a few more cabinet thingy's and stack them all together? At the end of the day we need more space and more tools to help us organize the girls toys...I dream of a big closed off room dedicated just to the girls, full of space to let them be little girls, just like the play rooms in the PBK Catalogs. But like The Noticer is teaching me...I am grateful the girls have a roof over their heads while they play and that they have toys to play with, and most of all that they are healthy enough to play...but putting all the perspective stuff aside, I really would love some advice on how to organize and store toys. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I just realized how boring this post is without photos to give you the tour and truly share my debacle with you...soooooooo sorry, but I am in Bassett. But if you go back to my SAHM Day 1 Post you will see the toy area at its finest...

No comments: