Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

As a child, heck, even now, I like to guess what is inside of the wrapped presents, even as I begin to open them I guess what it is, and I don't mean to toot my own horn, but more often than not I am correct.

My parents have been bringing over bags of presents as they finish wrapping them so they don't have much to bring over on Christmas Morning, so the bags are in the formal living room and some have been there for more than a week, but it wasn't until yesterday that the girls started to get into them, or even notice that they were there. Olivia was sorting through the smaller presents, likely the stocking presents, and putting them into piles and as she picked them up, she would feel them and shake them (if they shook) and then it happened...she began guessing what they were. And ya know what, circle got the square, she was right with the first two she picked up, or at least I think she was, I didn't open to confirm, but if you put my guessing skills to the test I would have landed on the same conclusion she did. Medicine and Lotion...what a smart girl I have on my hands.


Also, I forgot to mention earlier that we have kicked off the Elf on a Shelf tradition, we didn't think she would be ready for it this year and while I doubt she gets that the Elf reports back to Santa every night, she does enjoy looking for him every single morning when she wakes up, she comes downstairs and says "Where's the Elf?". Today "Elf", we haven't named him yet, despite the directions prompting us to, is hiding in the #23 pocket of our Advent Calendar. Clever eh?

1 comment:

The B's said...

Oh my goodness! I just saw the elf on the shelf today, for the first time... where have i been right? Any who... I think it is A- DOr-able. Can't wait to snag one myself!