Monday, May 23, 2011

Trike-a-Thon

Olivia is participating in the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Trike-a-Thon this week at school and I have anointed myself the annoying fund-raising parent. I actually never really pictured myself being so excited about begging people for money, but since having children, the thought of my child or anyone else child suffering from such a dreadful disease like cancer, its just unthinkable to me, it actually makes me tear up just thinking about it.


St. Jude is a fantastic organization, one that has been near and dear to my Grandparents heart for the last 25+ years and one that I am happy to now support.  My Grams (Mom's Side) actually made a donation in Olivia and Avery's name for their Christmas Present this year and I can say it was probably my very favorite gift they received.  And of course if you follow my blog you know that I am pulling for sweet Lucy who is battling cancer right now and receiving treatment at St. Jude.  Her story just pulls at my heartstrings and I don't even know her parents, but I am beyond thankful that they have the people at St. Jude watching out for their precious little girl. 

And don't get me wrong, I know everyone has their own passion, and their own charity, I know this isn't the one for everyone, but for us, and for us right now, this is it.  We are going to work with Olivia to help her understand what this is all about and what it means to raise money and help other people out, talk about a tough life lesson to teach a 3 year old. Wish us luck.

If you would like to support Olivia and St. Jude you can make a donation at www.mytrikeathon.org/omt

No comments: