Friday, May 27, 2011

Team Turner Mission: To Give....

Over the course of Olivia's short 3.5 years of life we have attempted on several occasions to guide her to give, to show her how important we think it is to give of ourselves to others, whether it be the gift of money, the gift of our time or the gift of our blood, sweat and tears. We want our girls to be generous souls that passionately want to give in the hopes it leaves someone better than they were before.  It is a tough lesson to teach a 3 year old for several reasons, one, sharing just isn't natural to them just yet, and two sometimes the reasons why others need and we don't are scary and too hard for them to grasp, and frankly too much for me to explain, no 3 year old should understand or comprehend what being homeless is all about, or what its like to battle a dreadful disease like cancer.  So for all those reasons I don't think we have hit the jackpot on giving quite yet, but that doesn't mean we are giving up, we are going to keep pushing on, and working towards a lifestyle that instills the value of paying it forward.


Today Olivia's Pre-School participated in the St. Jude Trike-A-Thon. Brad and I took the day off so we could show our support and cheer her on (and take Riley to the Vet, and see The Hangover II, and go shopping, etc) I love being able to participate in her school events and I am beyond thankful that I work for a company that values family time, so that it is possible for me to be there for her Art Shows and her Trike-A-Thons. 


I, Olivia set a goal of $500.00 and I am proud to say that she crushed her goal.  When all is said and done she will be contributing close to $700 to the childhood cancer fight that St. Jude Children's Hospital fights every single day.  I am so very thankful for everyone that gave to her cause and showed their support, from co-workers who I haven't worked with in a few years but who have amazing hearts, to close friends near and far who I am so blessed to have in my life and of course from our family who is always there to support us, everyone was so very generous, we can't thank you enough for supporting our little girl.


I was so happy to see all the kids in her class participating in the event, her teachers did a great job preparing the kids for what the event was all about and they used the week leading up to teach them all about bike safety as well, which was music to Brad's ears!

Team Turner

A big THANK YOU goes out to Adam, Kearstin and Jayden for the adorable Team Turner shirts the girls are sporting.  They were perfect for the event today and the girls plan on wearing them to Brad's race in June as well to show their support.


Avery didn't get to participate this year, but in the Spring of 2012 I know she is going to be all over it.

This little girl is growing up, she will be four in less than two months, where have the last four years gone? And how is it possible that she is so stinkin' beautiful? My goodness, her smile makes me tear up, I just love her to pieces and I love the little girl she is growing up to be, attitude and all. 

Brad and I brought Popsicles for the class today so after they finished their 30 minute Trike-A-Thon they all sat down and enjoyed some delicious Popsicles.  I have to brag just a little, Olivia by far was the cleanest kid, either she eats too many Popsicles and has perfected it, or the others are just Popsicle rookies, either way the other little buggers had Popsicle rivers flowing down their arms and legs and Olivia was clean as can be!  It's the little things that make you so proud - HA.


*I have no idea why all the photos are uploading to Blogger so blurry, they are crystal clear in Picasa, anyone have any advice? Did I change settings by mistake? I just noticed it the last few posts, but its driving me batty. Help Please!

No comments: