Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy 33rd Birthday Husband


Brad and I - Northfield, December 2004 

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Brad, Happy Birthday to you. How OLD are you? How OLD are you?....older than me. HA.


33 Things I love about Brad:

1) He is Fashionable - long story....he had to take a survey type test for a job interview several years ago and one characteristic he checked about himself was "fashionable" and I am NEVER going to let him forget it.

Brad & Olivia - July 2007

2) He is a great father to our beautiful girls

Brad & Avery - February 2009

3) He loves his Momma, and would get off the phone with me to talk to her
4) He got teary eyed yesterday at Church when we were giving a round of applause to the Veterans. His Dad was there with us, and was standing being honored.
5) He coached soccer to tiny tots when he was a big bad College guy, cute right?
6) He and I have always agreed on what to name our children
7) He makes the best ice cream sundaes
8) When he makes Popcorn, he dumps it into a bowl and brings a kitchen towel over to the couch with him while he eats it, because he knows his hands will be greasy and dirty, and that is how he cleans them off
9) He has full blown conversations with Riley about how bad his breath is

Brad & Riley - June 2005

10) He is charming and thinks he has game
11) He likes the way I cook and even if he didn't he would never tell me
12) He is always game to pick up the girls from school so I can finish up at the office and don't have to rush to get them
13) He does his part and lets me sleep in one day on the weekend
14) He lets me make up funny names for his ex-girlfriends and the best part is, he uses the funny names when he talks about them
15) His favorite # is 15, its the day he was born and its his old soccer number, cute...
16) He's handsome
17) He has no shame in his game and loves to wrap himself in my Leopard Print Snuggie when it gets chilly.
18) He is passionate about his job and he is great at it


Brad & I in Aruba - March 2007

19) He loves to travel just as much as I do
20) When he realizes that the Crystal Light container in the fridge is almost empty he makes more...and I am the only one in the house that drinks it, sweet huh?
21) He indulges my desire to decorate the house non-stop, and will always agree to hang frames for me despite how much he dislikes it (this one was added just to butter him up because I have a new frame that needs to be hung)
22) He and I enjoy the same TV shows and love watching them curled up on the couch together
23) You can dress him up and take him out
24) He is very protective of the girls, its adorable
25) When sometimes "toots" or gets kicked in the "junk" on America's Funniest Home Videos he laughs so hard he cries, like a middle school aged boy
26) He rocks a "Where the Wild Things Are" T-Shirt that he bought himself at Urban Outfitters...the best part about it is, its the ONLY article of clothing he has purchased on his own in the 8 years we have been together...and its a T-Shirt Olivia should be wearing - HA.
27) He was so excited to propose he couldn't wait, he had to propose when I was rocking a side pony straight out of the shower


HUGE Flowers...

28) He surprises me with flowers, and they are always perfect, and never the same twice
29) He is a professional kitchen cleaner, seriously, the man can clean a kitchen
30) When he gets up off the couch to get himself something, he always asks if he can get me anything, and if he is coming into the family room from the kitchen he does the same, always asks if I need anything.
31) He doesn't sweat the small stuff
32) He gets his pop culture and gossip from Diane (on Elliott in the Morning) and repeats it to me like he heard it on CNN


33) He loves me...and works hard to be a great husband to me and father to our girls.

The girls and I love you very much and we hope you have a fabulous 33rd birthday.

Day 15: I am very thankful that I married a man who loves me more everyday, despite my flaws, my stretch marks and the extra pounds he still thinks I am beautiful...how, I have no idea, but he does and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

o4seasmom said...

Leigh, I was so touched at reading this post!! I was laughing out loud, feeling like I actually know Brad, which is ludicrous, since I don't. But thank you for posting this and reminding me to look for the qualities I love about my hubby. I'm thankful you have such a wonderful husband!