Saturday, November 27, 2010

Buddy the Elf


I am just going to put it out there, not that I can really do much about it for the next few weeks, but these days I am feeling a little like Buddy the Elf. I was sitting in Brad's lap at his Parents house and I felt like Buddy the Elf sitting in his Father's lap, not that Brad was my Father, of course, but more that I was a GIANT living in an Elf World...I need to do something about this extra person I am carrying around on my backside...It impacts so many parts of my life, and more than the emotional stuff, I need to be healthy for my girls, I need to have more energy and I know if I lose some of this weight, the energy will come back. I need to get my large and in charge behind to the gym. I was watching The Biggest Loser on Wednesday Night with Brad's Family and it hit me like a ton of bricks, I need to get moving, get active, I continue to use "Lack of Time" as an excuse, but at the end of the day, I need to make the time. I am going to start blocking my calendar at work beginning in January and I am going to make this a priority. WARNING: I made the same declaration last year and I went to the gym, count them....two times. Pathetic. I am determined to turn it around and make the gym a part of my weekly routine as best I can.

1 comment:

The B's said...

I know what you mean-- I joined Weight Watchers this morning for all of those reasons.